No Recipe Recipes: Turkey Broccoli Stir-Fry
QUESTION - how do you guys feel about "no recipe recipes"?
I threw this together the other day and thought, "this is SO GOOD. But it's not really a recipe."
And then..."wait, that's genius."
I mean, this is what you come to NA for, right? Nutrition/Health/Food knowledge bombs, yes, but also recipes for people who hate to cook. And there is nothing more appealing for those of us who don't like to spend time in the kitchen than something that is so easy it doesn't really even require a recipe.
So I'm thinking about starting a new blog series of 'no recipe recipes' - thoughts?
A no recipe recipe is really, for the most part, just combining leftovers or components of your meal prep to make a whole meal. So, in this case, I just cooked up some ground turkey with some frozen broccoli and threw in some leftover rice. And added a secret ingredient: yellow mustard (trust me).
No recipe recipes? yes?
I'm literally half asleep right now. A couple of nights ago, one of my children dogs were sick and I was up until 6:30 AM. Last night I couldn't sleep AT ALL due to the GIANT iced coffee I decided to drink at 7 pm (whyyyy tho?). So now I'm walking around like a zombie and injecting more caffeine into my veins so that I can be sure to sabotage my sleep tonight. #life
Due to my inability to even use a knife at this point, I've made this twice this week. A big batch of it. And...I'm making another one as we speak. Don't judge me.
Sunday is for sleeping, and that is what you will find me doing today. All. Freakin'. Day.
Also: F*ck Diets
This reminds me - if you haven't seen it already, Kendalle Gidion and I just launched an 8-Week live Boot Camp coming up in the next couple of weeks. It's called the F*ck Diets Project (of course) and it's gonna be the best thing that's ever happened to you.
Check it out, because there will be lots of "no recipe recipes" happening there. It's all about easy and efficient nutrition and workouts - NOT a diet. Real results come from consistency, and you won't be consistent if it's too hard to follow, ya know?
Also, it's gonna be way fun.
Now, here's ya breakdown -
- PROTEIN: ground turkey
- HEALTHY FAT: avocado oil (you can also use olive oil)
- FIBER-RICH CARBS: broccoli + rice or whatever grain you have on hand (I LOVE barley in this recipe)
Turkey Broccoli Stir-Fry
Author: Megan Kober
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 10 mins
So easy, it's barely a recipe. Turkey, broccoli, and whatever leftover grains you have on hand with a secret little ingredient and VOILA. Delicious 'leftovers' you an eat all week.
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (you can also use olive oil)
- 20 oz 90% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 16 oz bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 c leftover grains (rice, barley, or quinoa are my favs)
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- optional: chopped green onions
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add avocado oil.
- Brown turkey and as it cooks, add garlic, granulated onion, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- While the turkey is browning, pop broccoli in the microwave and cook until thawed.
- Once turkey is cooked, add broccoli, leftover grains, and mustard and stir until combined.
- Heat through, and add chopped green onions if desired.
Serving size: 1/4 recipe (using parboiled rice)
Notes: No leftover grains? Add more leftover veggies!