Baked Lemon Pepper Wings
[contact-form][contact-field label="Name" type="name" required="true" /][contact-field label="Email" type="email" required="true" /][contact-field label="Website" type="url" /][contact-field label="Message" type="textarea" /][/contact-form]
This is what I like to call a no recipe recipe. This is my favorite type of recipe. My first lemon pepper wing was at little dive called Yacht Club in my Atlanta hood. I was hooked immediately. Extra crispy, tangy, citrusy, peppery wings with a cool ranch dip.
My only experience with wings that far in life had been deep fried chicken drowned in buffalo sauce, which often lead to a soggy wing. [let it be known, I have NO beef and only love for buff sauce]. But, lemon pepper wings have no sauce, therefore there's no chance of sabotaging a crispy skin.
These Yacht Club folks were genius! Then I realized, every single restaurant in ATL sells lemon pepper wings. It's like a whole thing, and for good reason. I needed to get with the program. I needed to figure out how to make these at home in my oven, because as it turns out, ordering fried wings every night is not something that I recommend to anyone.
Figuring it out included tossing some nakey wings in lemon pepper and blasting them in the oven. So this recipe is 2 ingredients and is ready in under 30. That's my jam. See that Herby Yogurt Ranch dip in the background? That will be up on the blog tomorrow!
Lemon Pepper Wings
Animal, Gluten Free, Under 35 Minutes, Under 8 Ingredients
Megan Kober, RDN, LD
Crispy, lemony chicken wings that can be made in your oven in 20 minutes!
- 1.5 lbs buffalo chicken wings
- 3 Tbsp lemon pepper seasoning w/ salt*
- chopped green onions, far garnish [optional]
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Set a wire rack inside of a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Toss wings with lemon pepper in a large bowl.
- Place wings onto rack in a single layer, skin side up.
- Bake wings for 10 minutes, then turn each wing over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Because the oven is so hot, it's important to keep an eye on the wings once you've flipped them. Once, flipped, check the wings again at 6 minutes, then 8 minutes to be sure they're not getting too crisp.
If your lemon pepper doesn't have salt already in it, just replace 1 tsp of lemon pepper with salt. So, it would be 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp lemon pepper + 1 tsp salt.