Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
I love a 6 ingredient recipe: Boneless, skinless chicken boobs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Greek yogurt and parmesan.The yogurt marinade can be made in the morning in about 5 minutes before heading out the door. Yogurt is such an incredible marinade for chicken - it's only slightly acidic, so letting it sit on meat all day isn't going to break it down too much. Also, the high calcium content of the yogurt activates enzymes that tenderize the muscle fibers, resulting it's a super juicy, tender piece of chicken. This isn't an easy feat with low fat chicken boobs. Once you're home and ready to start dinner, just coat the marinated chicken in parmesan and pop in the oven for a half hour. That's it. You're done. Slice up some sweet potatoes and toss with salt, pepper and coconut oil, put on a baking sheet and cook at the same time as the chicken. Now you've put together a real dinner in 30 minutes. Congrats!You'll notice I call for full-fat Greek Yogurt in this recipe. You can use regular yogurt if you'd like. I like Greek because it's super thick and high in protein, but if you want to use regular it's completely fine. Just make sure it's full fat. Why? Because healthy fat supports metabolism and feeds our cells. It's also f-ing delicious. You're going to be very angry with the world once you've tasted full fat yogurt. Yes, you've been lied to and I'm sorry. I'm hoping this chicken can make it up to you. Oh! Look at that. I found a lemon and I gave the chicken a little spritz. It's optional, but if you're like me and you feel like you can't eat something without a squeeze of citrus, then this is for you. I also chopped up some parsley to make the chicken pretty for the picture. You may choose to parsley or not to parsley.
Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken
Animal, Gluten Free, Under 8 Ingredients, Under 40 Minutes
Megan Kober, RDN, LD
A 6 ingredient, juicy chicken recipe with minimal prep time.
- 2/3 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 15 grinds of black pepper
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken boobs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Squeeze of lemon & parsley for garnish
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- Coat chicken in marinade. Leave the chicken in the bowl with the marinade once it's coated.
- Press plastic wrap down onto the chicken and make sure the bowl is covered fully.
- Put chicken in the fridge and let marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 425 when ready to bake.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate parmesan, if needed.
- Coat chicken boobs in parmesan and place on the baking sheet.
- Roast until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees or for about 30 minutes.
- Squeeze with lemon and top with parsley, if desired.
-This recipe makes a lot of chicken. Make it all because it's great left over - hot OR cold. It's perfect for lunches, especially cold in a Cobb salad. [br]-Mix it up by adding dill, basil, thyme or lemon pepper to this recipe. [br]-Add a healthy carb like sweet potatoes fries, a baked potato or roasted brussels sprouts to round out this meal.